How to use Image Trace in Illustrator
Generally, Image Trace works best with drawings rather than photographs. Drawings with a high contrast level (so plenty of defined light and dark areas) are ideal.
Vectorize your image in Illustrator
1. Locate the file on your computer and open it with Illustrator
2. Select the image
3. Under the Properties panel, click on Image Trace
4. You'll be presented with different options - pick 6 colours.
5. Depending on the image, this may take a while to apply. Wait, and then select the traced image.
6. Click Expand in the Properties panel
7. You'll now be able to edit each shape within the image
8. Save by heading to File > Save As…
9. Leave the default settings as they are and press OK.
Banana Moon Personalised Clothing
Unit 8, Springwell 27, Dark Lane, Birstall, West Yorkshire, WF17 9LN
01924 420 022
REG 6468058 VAT 516 1202 94