I had my eyes on the prize with my entries as I submitted two very special creations. I was hoping the judges wouldn’t notice and I think I got away with it!
150g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
190g self raising flour
- Grease and line your baking tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes. Until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and enjoy.