If there’s one thing we know when we see it, it’s a winning combination, and lifestyle blogger Kristina from Mode of Style certainly serves up a magical mixture in her recipe for these fruity muffins. Now that’s a mouthful.
How to make Kristina’s banana and Nutella swirl muffins:
230g self-raising flour
150g granulated white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
110g melted unsalted butter
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tbsp Nutella, at room temp or slightly warm
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in one bowl, and combine eggs, butter, banana, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Fold the two mixtures together – not worrying about the lumps, they just make it more delicious! Add this batter to silicon tins, or a muffin tray lined with paper liners.
- Spoon a tablespoon of Nutella on to each muffin, before taking a skewer or a cocktail stick and swirling the Nutella around the muffins.
- Put them in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Leave them to cool for a bit (if you can) before you eat them.
Thanks Kristina, these sound amazing! If you’d like to see more from Kristina, check out Mode of Style – and everybody start swirling!